join a committee
Current IACRN members interested in joining a committee, can complete a committee interest form. (IACRN membership required to participate on IACRN committees.) Not an IACRN member? Join today!
Committee member responsibilities include:
- Attending at least 80% of committee meetings, participating in meetings by reading materials, and actively participation in committee activities. When attending the annual conference, committee members will be present at in-person committee meetings.
- Interpreting IACRN's work and values to the community, representing the organization, and acting as a spokesperson.
- Conveying committee member's needs and the organization's values to the committee chair or board liaison and speaking out for members' interests.
- Reading and upholding the organization's bylaws.
- Working within the committee's charge and organizational strategic priorities to meet committee and organizational goals.
- Staying informed about what is going on in the organization, asking questions, and requesting information.
- Participating in and taking responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies, and other matters. I will not stay silent if I have questions or concerns.
- Voting in every IACRN election.
- Working in good faith with staff and other committee members as partners towards achieving IACRN goals.
- If I don't fulfill these commitments to the organization, it is expected that the committee chair or board president will contact me to discuss my responsibilities.
If you have any questions about IACRN committees or the responsibilities of a committee member, please contact us: email@example.com.