Position title: Clinical Research Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
Organization name and location: Massachusetts General Hospital, Neuroendocrine Unit, Boston, MA
Type of position: Full-time, permanent
Position description: The clinical research nurse practitioner is an integral member of an interdisciplinary team which supports the study of patients across the weight spectrum within a clinical investigational setting in collaboration with the Neuroendocrine Unit (Department of Medicine) and Eating Disorders Clinical and Research Program (Department of Psychiatry). The family nurse practitioner will work with adolescents participating in a study examining the effects of oxytocin on metabolism and body composition. Additionally, the family nurse practitioner will work on a study examining a new treatment modality for children with ARFID. The neuroendocrine clinical research nurse practitioner promotes collaborative relationships between investigators, study coordinators, research subjects, the research pharmacy, and MGH Translational and Clinical Research Center staff in order to provide continuity of care for research study subjects and to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Collaborate with investigators to enhance quality and continuity of care of study subjects.
- Work closely with research coordinators to coordinate the study visits and collect/organize the data and blood/tissue specimens.
- Help devise recruitment strategies and recruit subjects for participation in clinical research protocols.
- Screen research subjects for study eligibility, including consenting, obtaining medical history, performing physical examination including phlebotomy, and completing case reporting forms.
- Assume responsibility for management of subjects during outpatient study visits including drug teaching, follow up of lab and radiology testing, and communicating with subjects’ providers.
- Report to the Institutional Review Board all adverse events, protocol violations, and amendments to the protocol.
- Coordinate the distribution, accounting, and safe collection of all study drugs.
- Interpret studies ordered and provide subjects with an explanation of results.
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
- Supervise and mentor clinical research coordinators.
- May work occasional evenings and/or weekends when needed.
Qualifications - External
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Current board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience working with school age and adolescents preferred
- Phlebotomy and IV skills preferred
- Willing to accept new graduates
Or navigate to https://www.massgeneral.org/careers and enter job number: 3257546